Scouting in East Quogue
The earliest mention, in the newspaper, of scouts in East Quogue was in The County Review, February 7, 1929.
December 3, 1931
Bike Hike September 9, 1961
The weather was warm and clear when we left the den and traveled west on route 27 until we reached the intersection of 27 and Brook Road.
There we traveled south going through six corners to the school street. When we reached the end of that road we turned right and traveled west to Remsenburg.
Enroute we saw a old house and many duck farms. From Remsenburg we went to Route 27 and back east to Speonk.
Then we turned left and traveled north to the riverhead road, we then traveled north on the riverhead road to the eastport-riverhead road where we traveled north-east to Riverhead where we went south back to the den in East Quogue.
The total mileage was twenty seven miles.